Appendix I – Complete list of “Statutorily Approved Providers”
Statutorily Approved Providers:
1. American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) accredited veterinary medical colleges.
2. Accredited colleges or universities offering programs relevant to veterinary medicine.
3. The American Veterinary Medical Association.
4. American Veterinary Medical Association recognized specialty or affiliated allied groups.
(This section includes:)
American Board of Veterinary Practitioners
American Board of Veterinary Toxicology
American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine
American College of Poultry Veterinarians
American College of Theriogenologists
American College of Veterinary Anesthesiologists
American College of Veterinary Behaviorists
American College of Veterinary Clinical Pharmacology
American College of Veterinary Dermatology
American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care
American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
American College of Veterinary Microbiologists
American College of Veterinary Nutrition
American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists
American College of Veterinary Pathologists
American College of Veterinary Preventive Medicine
American College of Veterinary Radiology
American College of Veterinary Surgeons
American College of Zoological Medicine
American Veterinary Dental College
American Animal Hospital Association
American Association of Avian Pathologists
American Association of Bovine Practitioners
American Association of Equine Practitioners
American Association of Feline Practitioners
American Association of Food Hygiene Veterinarians
American Association of Industrial Veterinarians
American Association of Small Ruminant Practitioners
American Association of Swine Veterinarians
American Association of Veterinary Clinicians
American Society of Laboratory Animal Practitioners
Association of Avian Veterinarians
National Association of Federal Veterinarians
Student American Veterinary Medical Association
Society for Theriogenology
Uniformed Services of the United States
5. American Veterinary Medical Association’s affiliated state veterinary medical associations.
(This section includes CVMA and all other State VMA’s)
6. Nonprofit annual conferences established in conjunction with state veterinary medical associations.
(This section was intended to include presentations such as the Western Veterinary Conference, Wild West Veterinary Conference, Central States Veterinary Conference, North American Veterinary Conference, etc.)
7. Educational organizations affiliated with the American Veterinary Medical Association or its state affiliated veterinary medical associations.
(Some VMAs may have separate organizations or foundations that administer their CE programs. This section was intended to include those organizations)
8. Local veterinary medical associations (VMAs) affiliated with the California Veterinary Medical Association. This section includes all geographic local VMAs including their sub-chapters and the non-geographic VMAs such as those representing lab animal veterinarians and public service veterinarians.
9. Federal, state, or local government agencies.
(This section would include courses sponsored by APHIS, the California Dept. of Food & Agriculture, Dept. of Health Services, Dept. of Fish & Game, Etc.)
10. Providers accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) or approved by the American Medical Association (AMA), providers recognized by the American Dental Association Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP), and AMA or ADA affiliated state, local, and specialty organizations.
The CVMA PAC
It’s Not About Politics….It’s About Your Profession. The CVMA PAC is a bipartisan political action committee whose purpose is to educate state legislators and candidates on issues of importance to the veterinary profession.